As my assignment in California draws to a close, I am looking forward to going back home to Miami for a few weeks! I have spent the past 6+ months in California and I am ready to head back to the East coast!
I cannot wait for:
- The beach – and actually being able to swim in the ocean because the water temperature allows it (although it will likely rain every day).
- Pastelitos – Cuban pastries for breakfast or as a random snack.
- Dominican hair salons – if you have curly hair you get the drift.
- Humidity – yes I said it! Humidity actually cools you off and doesn’t include hot air blowing in your face.
- Florida roads – pothole free where you aren’t constantly worried about getting a flat tire any day now.
- Good food– can’t wait to hit up all of my favorite restaurants!
- Publix Supermarket – where shopping really is a pleasure. It should be illegal to not have a Publix in each state.
- Family & friends – Duh!
- Inside jokes – Being able to use words from “sh*t Miami people say”
- The driving – people actually drive like they have somewhere to go…
- Shopping!! – Having a dozen malls in one place certainly is convenient.
It’s those little things that you appreciate about home the longer you are away 🙂